DLT Training Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us will be processed by us. We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR 2018 with the Information Commissioners Office – Registration Number: Z8361168.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, and an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
We will collect and process the following data about you:
• Details of transactions you carry out with DLT Training Ltd and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Information that you and your employees provide by filling in training registration forms and course paperwork when attending training courses with us
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Where we store your personal data and security of your data:
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy
We protect your personal information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration and is controlled by our IT service provider ITCS.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure internal servers and is not transferred to an external cloud or storage provider.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Uses made of Information
We will use information about you in the following ways:
• To pass to accrediting/awarding bodies such as, RTITB, DSA, NPORS, CPCS, OCR, SQA in order to provide you with the service of accredited training and to produce associated documentation and certification.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
What type of information is collected from trainees?
• Personal contact details such as name, title, address, telephone number and email address.
• Date of birth may be required by accrediting/certificating bodies such as the DVSA/DVLA and the NPORS.
• Photographic image (deleted from our records after 6 years)
• Driver licence details where applicable such as driver training courses and tests.
• Payment details – (All card payment details are not recorded or stored)
• Any other information we obtain directly from you for third parties such as awarding bodies and licencing authorities in providing goods and services to you, all of whom will be compliant with GDPR.
We respect your right to access, correct, request deletion or request restriction of our usage of your personal information as required by applicable law. We also take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date.
• You have the right to know what personal information we maintain about you
• We will provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format on request
• If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it
• You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information
• You can also ask us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may be required under legislations such as the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
We must seek your consent before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for processing purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for accreditation or certification purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise your right at any time by contacting us.
How long we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information for 6 years from the date of the training having taken place or as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations.
How you can access and update your information?
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you would like to access to the data we hold on you please contact: Data Protection Officer. DLT Training Centre, Unit 17, Queens Road South, Bridgend Industrial Estate, Bridgend. CF31 3UT. Alternatively, you can telephone 01656 656382. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you. You have the right to request that the data we hold on you is rectified or removed.
How do I complain to the regulator?
If you would like to complain about the way we handle data please visit: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or contact the Data Protection Officer. DLT Training Centre, Unit 17, Queens Road South, Bridgend Industrial Estate, Bridgend. CF31 3UT. Alternatively, you can telephone 01656 656382.