Manual Handling Operations
All employees who are required to manually move, lift or carry any object.
The overall aim of the course is threefold:
• Assist candidates in identifying ways in which to avoid hazardous handling operations so far as is reasonably practicable.
• Assess any hazardous manual handling operations that cannot be avoided.
• Reduce the risk of injury through improved handling techniques.
• Introduction to the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
• Safe handling & Lifting techniques
• Avoidance of Manual Handling Operations
• Assessment of Risk
• Numerical Guidance for Assessment
• Assessment of Operations – The Task – The Load
• The Working Environment
• Individual Capability
Reducing the Risk of Injury
• Mechanical Assistance
• Improving the Task
• Improving the Load
• Improving the Working Environment
• Personal Considerations
• Good Handling Techniques
• Providing Information on Loads
• Duties of Employees
Half-day – for up to 12 candidates per course